The Rise and Fall of Sandro

• Zitat

Original von Darkflint
    Da gabs noch kein Necro, erst mit H2^^

Stimmt, da war was/nix...

Zitat

Original von Koni

Dann hast du wohl nicht ebenso 'brav' das beigefügte Readme mit der Story-Gesamtübersicht gelesen? Deswegen fängt Sandro ja als Warlock an, der sich erst allmählich als Schüler von Finneas Vilmar (in H2) zum Nekromanten entwickelt.

Stimmt auch - Readme wozu ... :D
    Allerdings hab ich immer einen Ritter spielen müssen... naja mal sehn...

• Zitat

Original von SilVi
    Stimmt auch - Readme wozu ... :D
    Allerdings hab ich immer einen Ritter spielen müssen... naja mal sehn...

Es lohnt sich bestimmt, diesmal mal eine Ausnahme zu machen. ;) Bei dieser "einzigartigen" Kampagne dient die Readme ja dazu, die Hintergründe der Geschichte zu beschreiben. Du erfährst sonst ja nichts über die Geschehnisse zwischen den einzelnen Szenarien. Sie ersetzt so in etwa Prolog und Epilog bei "normalen" Kampagnen. Die beigefügte "Dokumentation" gibt da nur einen verkürzten Gesamtüberblick der Ereignisse.

• Hey ByteBandit,

you may know my person from Koni (he might have told you about me), I am map creator as well and very impressed by your Campaign's setting. Maybe I'll try it the next time I am back in the hospital. However I had a first look on the first three maps of the Campaign and I think that you should have "employed" somebody to improve the design of the landscape as it is not that spectacular as I expected it to be.

Okay, my first two maps are also not that nice. ;) Maybe you give my second map (German: "Der Ansturm der Untoten Horde II" - English: "The Rush of the Undead Horde II") a try.

Click here to go the map's page in the Kartenarchiv of the Drachenwald.

• I appreciate the feedback SoT. But, your are rather limited on what to use when making maps for H1 and H2. The 3rd map seems to be perfect for what the map calls for. All the testers thought it was perfect for the story. I could've put a lot more stuff on the map, but we felt it would've been too cluttered. Not to say there is quite a bit of stuff on the maps already.
    In other words, everything was planned for the maps to be the way they are and everyone involved with the project, 6 people, thought so too. :)

• Finally the time has arrived...to go back to these good old days... :) *mosky searching for H1-CD in cellar*
    I'm looking forward playing your campaign and I will do it up to H3 with "beloved" Sandro.
    Thx in advance, man...

best regards,
    mosky

Wenn ein Kopf besonders hoch getragen wird, ist er wahrscheinlich hohl... Helmut Qualtinger

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von mosky ()

• We made this campaign because we thought the old HoMM games have been ignored and they are still quite challenging to play and comparable with modern day games when it comes to gameplay. Once you get past the graphics issue and concentrate on playing the older games, you'll see exactly what I mean. These older games can still kick your butt if you are'nt careful. :) And after all, is'nt that what a PC game is about, gameplay? :)

• I'm in the planning stages for another project like the Sandro one. I would be honored if you would like to do the H3 map.
    So far, There's me, Koni, Muszka, Salamandre, UndeadHalfOrc, RdeFord. We would like another..... ;)
    Koni speaks highly of your work and we would like for you to do the H3 map.
    I'm still putting the story together, and everyone in the project will get their copy of text to use for the map. There will be no rules to the map maker. I would like to see your own creative juices at work, revolving around the story. :)

• Oh oh oh, I do not know if have the time for another project because my own new map means a lot of work. Another thing is that I seem only to be good at graphics/landscape design. Maybe you take me to improve the landscape of an existing H3 map. If you think this would be enaugh I can send you a prototype of my new map (however top secret :D) so you can get an impression of my work and if I am good enaugh. ;)

• Then you need to finish your project, that's for sure. :) I am in no hurry right now as it is. I still have'nt even got my story going yet. All I have been doing is asking and gathering map makers, when they are ready, if they would like to be a part of this next campaign.
    The next project I have in mnd is really, really in its early stages. There are no words, or maps, or scripts, or anything as of yet. :)
    So, you would have enough time to finish up your work. :) And when you feel you are ready to join in, the door will b open to you. :daumen:

• Thanks Angelito. It's nice to know the campaign has been accepted by all Heroes communities around the world. I hear the same kind of things i see here in China also. And there is no H5 map for the Sandro one, and the H4 maps rock so I've been told by others as well. And for people to say an H4 map or maps is good is quite an accomplishment. :)

The good reviews and mass downloads means the public is hungry for another. :)
    And to think the Sandro Campaign would be worthless. So much for that kind of thinking, I guess. :)

• Es hat etwas gedauert, aber nun ist auch die deutsche Version von ByteBandits einzigartiger H1-H4 Kampagne "The Rise and Fall of Sandro" fertig. Dank Gunnar steht sie nun auch hier im Kartenarchiv unter den H3-Maps als "Der Aufstieg und Fall von Sandro" bereit. In dem Download sind nicht nur die 6 Einzelkarten enthalten, sondern auch die "Dokumentation" als Gesamtüberblick über das Projekt, und auch die einzelnen Textdateien, die die Storyhintergründe wiedergeben. Also unbedingt lesen!!! Sie dienen als Prolog und Epilog zwischen den Einzelszenarien der "Kampagne". Viel Spaß!

Das Folgeprojekt von ByteBandit ist zunächst aus persönlichen Gründen 'auf Eis gelegt'. Hoffentlich kann er es bald wieder in Angriff nehmen. :daumen:

• Ich hab die Kampagne nun 1-WoG gespielt, hat auch Spaß gemacht - auch wenn es nicht immer wirklich anspruchsvoll war - z.B. würde ich bei WoG keinen Joinergeist erlauben! - nun aber mitten in der Map komm ich aufgrund von ERM-Skriptfehlern nicht mehr weiter - hatte da noch jemand Probleme?

Gab auch ein Mapobjekt, wenn ich da reinbin, ist WoG immer ausgestiegen, aber das läßt sich ja verhindern...