WoG map The Empire of the World III

• wow, that was a very warm welcome. This kind of comment surely inspire mapmakers to spend months to create artworks. Thank you!

Here is the link to my second wog map, Time of Prophecy.

removed again

More images from The Empire III

• Don't worry, I like good WoG-maps, and I like your maps!
    Interesting scripts did you made in EotWIII; are there again some WoG-scripts that should be disabled in your second map (apart from script 70)? Is the Heroes3Characters.exe necessary too in EotWIII (it wasn't contained in earlier versions of the map)?

lest Terry Pratchett(RIP) ... und Stephen King, John Katzenbach, Hohlbein, Frank Schätzing, Anne Rice, Andrzej Sapkowski, Anne Bishop, Bernhard Hennen, George R.R. Martin, Markus Heitz, ... (wurde ja langsam Zeit, dass was dazu kommt)

• The heroescharacter.exe is not necessary, but it makes visual atmosphere much more submerged. The portraits are more "fantasy" oriented, and it stays well with the kind of story. Anyway, if you want to play with original again, just delete them or put in different directory. No other scripts disable are need for the second map.

And no, I was not worried, I know what my maps worth. People who open a wog map 2 seconds to statuate a definitive opinion are nothing but amateurs.

• I haven't played H3 for a long time and I didn't play your map. But I read somewhere that people thought that your map does not meet the high standard EoW had set.
    Maybe you should not have renamed it after an already existing series - people might get wrong expectations and be more critical than they are, when they play a "new" map.

• Zitat

Original von Mystic Phoenix
    I haven't played H3 for a long time and I didn't play your map. But I read somewhere that people thought that your map does not meet the high standard EoW had set.
    Maybe you should not have renamed it after an already existing series - people might get wrong expectations and be more critical than they are, when they play a "new" map.

That's excactly what I meant.

• My cherished, I am here to share the fruit of my work for your enterteinement.

Now I see that I should not and I will remove the link, some of your forum users deserve it.

Phoenix, can you provide a single link where it is said what you mention? I doubt it.

Did you open the map to see its complexity and wealth? What about criticising without making any constructive comment? Is it the right way? None of you both opened the map or played it. So what about we talk here?

Did you you read the review(inside the zip) that was done by Victor Bolzoni, who tested the first opus 2 of the series for mapheaven and has a high standard knowdledge about those epic maps?

..."To my knowledge no bugs remain and absolutely nothing can prevent you from completing this wonderful map. Im sure you will enjoy this adventure if you like this kind of story maps. I personaly put this map in the level of his predecessors, the main factor for me is fun (whether it comes from challenge, story, beauty or other things).

I give a rating of 9 /10 simply because I had much fun and that is what matters the most for me. Enjoy!! ..."

I think this player is enough qualified to give his advice. You can find his others review at mapheaven.com.

This can be closed, I prefer to share my work elsewhere.

Thank you for warm welcome.

Salamandre

• SOT, if you only looked at the "readmetxt." which comes with the map, you would understand what is about.

This map is a TRIBUTE to Darklord series as it is explained. As well that the fact that he was the BEST mapmaker around. Unfortunatelly he is making no more maps.

There is no sense to criticize a sequel which is a tribute to an artwork just saying it hasnt the layout. Play it and then I will accept any constructive critic.

Of course my map isnt as beautiful as Darklord series. He was unique. I never said the contrary.

But my map has its qualities that cant be seen in opening the map for 5 seconds. Absurd.

• Dear Salamandre,
    I declare, I had no view over your map nor I will do.
    Because it is a wogyfied one and I didn't install this feature up to now.
    But I have the same problems with people, which put maps down in their range, because of deficits in natural arrangements or misfits in story tales.
    Yes, it's true, the Darklods-maps are outstanding in this point of view.
    But for me a map is good, if it challenges me. If there exist surprising events, if there are up to 8 heroes busy all the time (and perhaps some others hidden in towns), if there are no good heroes sleeping for weeks and upon all a strict construction without too much accidental events, but with different ways to sucess!
    But I can't rob them their point of view, S.o.T and Tobius. Do the same!
    Howgh, frifix.

• There is no problem for me. The posts speak for them selves.

We have two users who did NOT play or analyze TEWIII and dislike it, while we have one user who played and liked it.

With more than 80 customized quasts, +200 customized events, 25 altered creatures, 45 unique competences, 150 original scripts I believe this map asks the right to be tested, not destroyed by forum garbages.

• Salamandre, I think you got me wrong. I didn't want to criticize your map, because I didn't had a single look at it, because I'm out of H3 business.
    I just wanted to give you a hint, WHY some people might criticize your map in such a hard way.

• Salamandre,
    this time I play your second map, time of prophecy (really good map - I wished the HeroesV-maps would come with such a lot of good ideas); I'm on the island with Clancy, and the Gomorrah town; I could try to defeat Clancy (but he is very strong), or I could take the two-way-monolith that takes me to the hut were I can learn the 4 hidden skills (but this time I have only 4 skills - therefore that would be not 4 hidden but 4 official skills ???; did I missed something (learned logistic, pathfinding, scouting and sorcery until now) ? - day 50, and 500 sorceresses

lest Terry Pratchett(RIP) ... und Stephen King, John Katzenbach, Hohlbein, Frank Schätzing, Anne Rice, Andrzej Sapkowski, Anne Bishop, Bernhard Hennen, George R.R. Martin, Markus Heitz, ... (wurde ja langsam Zeit, dass was dazu kommt)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Andrean ()

• Hello Andrean

You have to defeat Clancy before taking the green monolith. The last 4 official primary skills will be learned in the Gomorrah town.

To defeat Clancy you need : clone sorceresses, clone enchanters and no distance penalty. Cast mass slow and kill the haflings first.

Send a lone sorceress somewhere to lure one stack of werevolves.

Block each turn with clones (however Clancy playes very well and often he reach your sorc) while you concentre your shoot on ONE stack.

The battle may require a few reloads. But in the end you lose just 1 sorceress, the one you sent on first round. Try different splits and strategies. Harder battles will come so you need training from the beginning.

For more info use my mail rogacev@free.fr

• Salamandre,
    meanwhile I'm in Avalon's catacombs; defended nearly all of the heroes there, but not Bron ... with 99 attack and 2000 furious dragon flies that attack 3 stacks in one move, and often two times in one round, I have no idea; with my genies I have the first move, and I could blind them - but than attack his thousands of lizard warriors ... Is it necessary to beat him?
    Did not understand the hint with the magi - I defended the enemies without him, and have no idea why he could be of use...

• Zitat

Original von Andrean
    Salamandre,
    meanwhile I'm in Avalon's catacombs; defended nearly all of the heroes there, but not Bron ... with 99 attack and 2000 furious dragon flies that attack 3 stacks in one move, and often two times in one round, I have no idea; with my genies I have the first move, and I could blind them - but than attack his thousands of lizard warriors ... Is it necessary to beat him?
    Did not understand the hint with the magi - I defended the enemies without him, and have no idea why he could be of use...

Andrean, here we go:

First I hope you didnt bring a balista in catacombs because it will make the fights much more difficult.

You need to defeat Bron because he is hidding a scroll needed to defeat Deemer. Without this scroll Deemer will be pure suicide.

Bron is a stupid brute who doesnt know how to play, and you are much smarter. And exactely at Bron you will need the most the archimage ( less spell points for spell-->now you KNOW) because you will need to ressurect a lot.

In tactics phase split you sorceress in 7 stacks: lots,3,lots,3,lots,3,lots. Why 3? Because 3 is the smallest number needed to clone themselves.

1 big group of sorceresses will be whipped completely by the dragon flies. Blind them.

Send your clones every turn to block the lizards and basilisk. Kill the lizards first. Continue with basilisk. He will soon run out of spell points as he casts air shield every turn at basic level.

Before killing the dragon flies ressurect everyone, because the archimage ressurect will cost only 14 instead of 16

Once you finished all but dragon flies, cast slow on them and put everyone at 10 squares from them. Send clones to surround every turn so they dont move.

You should lose nothing at this battle and win a lot of XP. Remember that there is no fight in ToP which will weaken you a lot. All fights can be win with the proper strategy, just try again. 95% of fights human player will lose none.

And think to raise the speed of your troops by visiting the wizards in the Towers. You will need 33+ speed to defeat the late heros.

• Salamandre,
    thank you for the tips ...
    but Deemer was no problem at all - with 7 stacks (and a little luck) his army was gone before he was able to cast the armageddon spell!
    Edit: Made some fights with the resurrection spell again, including Bron; really quite easy;

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von Andrean ()