Fragen an die Entwickler (Gamescom)

• Marzhin benefited from this occasion to answer various questions on the demo of Heroes VI:

Town screen: there is still a town screen, or more accurately, a town window. Each town still have its own theme music and all. It is a 2D, animated town screen. The Haven town screen was part of the missing elements, that's why it was replaced by a mere screenshot for the demo.

You can see more info about a city on its 3D model on the adventure map (not just its town hall and if it has fortifications). You can learn a lot about your adversary's strategy just by observing how he developed his towns.

There are still mines on the adventure map. You still have to flag them in order to gain resources. The new stuff is now all mines are in the "area of control" of a city or fort. Once you own the fort/city of an area and flagged the mines, the only way to take the mines from you is to capture the city/fort that controls the area.

I know some of you think there are a lot of changes to the classic Heroes formula, and I understand changes can be scary. Truth be told, I reacted the same way at first. I can only advise you to wait until you play it before passing a judgement. I can assure you it still feels and plays like Heroes. It adds some new stuff to the mix, but doesn't try to be revolutionary or turn Heroes into something completely different.

However, no, it is not Heroes III redux. And I think it's a good thing.

• Forum

Hat das Thema geschlossen.