Is anyone else here a quality gamer?

• Please tell me I'm not the only one here who prefers quality over quantity when it comes to gaming. I prefer games that last forever (such as everything by Blizzard Entertainment [since Diablo] and everything by Reenactor Entertainment), over franchises and companies where people stop playing and talking about the game immediately after it's release and a new game in the franchise is immediately announced upon the release of a game (such as Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Final Fantasy, Left 4 Dead 2, Electronic Arts, Command & Conquer [since Westwood went defunct], Star Wars games, etc.). I can see the logic behind why companies release games in such large quantities (but have little or no real quality or innovation in them), it's because they earn more money off of 50 little games that die a month after it's release than they do spending the time, money, and effort to make a really good game that blows everyone's mind over the course of a few years. There is an old joke about LucasArts and how they have a status quo of 20 Star Wars games a week (while this may not necessarily be literal, it isn't far from the truth). While it is true that some of these "all flash no substance" games may be quite enjoyable, they won't last forever like those by Blizzard Entertainment and Reenactor Entertainment. Electronic Arts is one of the worst when it comes to releasing a bunch of games. Now then, before anyone points out that EA is a publisher and doesn't generally make games (they just use other companies to make them for them, which is how they have so many), please keep in mind that they are (both de facto and de jure) dictators over those littler companies that they own. In fact, I own the 2001 Electronic Arts game, Sub Command. In fact, Electronic Arts is so bad about putting quantity ahead of quality that they put on the box (before and during the game's release) that they would shutdown the multiplayer in December 2001. Now that is just pathetic, and not just because you should never shutdown multiplayer, but also because they planned for the game to go under prior to it's release. Then, they went off and made a sequel, I mean really, what the hell! So, does anyone else here feel as I do?

• (Watch out-English mistakes are possible :crazy: )

ok
    I can't understand why you think, that EA is so bad. Think about popular games like Sims, SPORE or the Fifa games. Are they so bad?

• Offizieller Beitrag

(Attention! Horrible English!)

@ phantom
    EA only want to make profit, before they release a new game, they lock half the Features if these are not ready or may be use as DLC.
    The Sims³ and DragonAge:Origins are nice examples...
    The DLC's are very expensive.
    Furthermore EA release one Game/Addon/DLC after another, its like Spam...^^

@ kevin
    The most people likely buy a game that they already now (compare: The Sims). Release a game that have a totally new structur, idea and gameplay is more danger for the publisher to release another Sims Addon (because Sims "[...] is like heroin" cf. SoAD ^_^).

• First of all, I would like to ask you, why you've signed up to a German fanpage though you're writing in English and there exist at least two major English pages: HC and CH?

I don't want to be rude, but, you know, it's a German board so the opted language to communicate here is, of course, German. I'm just curious anyway...

However, I agree with your complains and some weeks ago we had a little discussion here, too, that actually pointed towards a general change in the gaming industry: drifting away from the old monolytic games that were programmed over a long distance of time, four years and more being nothing of a rarity, towards a new generation where the main part of programming seems to relate to polishing the outward appearance of a game, which is what you criticised, too.

• Zitat

Original von Tobius
    First of all, I would like to ask you, why you've signed up to a German fanpage though you're writing in English and there exist at least two major English pages: HC and CH?

I don't want to be rude, but, you know, it's a German board so the opted language to communicate here is, of course, German. I'm just curious anyway...

However, I agree with your complains and some weeks ago we had a little discussion here, too, that actually pointed towards a general change in the gaming industry: drifting away from the old monolytic games that were programmed over a long distance of time, four years and more being nothing of a rarity, towards a new generation where the main part of programming seems to relate to polishing the outward appearance of a game, which is what you criticised, too.

I'm going to Germany next year as a foreign exchange student.

• Then it's time to get familliar with the language instead of starting an English discussion in a German board.

Abgesehen davon gehe ich mal aus, dass du der deutschen Sprache mächtig bist. Sonst wärst du kaum hier gelandet.

• Zitat

Original von Crusader
    Then it's time to get familliar with the language instead of starting an English discussion in a German board.

Abgesehen davon gehe ich mal aus, dass du der deutschen Sprache mächtig bist. Sonst wärst du kaum hier gelandet.

Sorry, I'm still learning German.

• Zitat

Original von kevin1gamer
    Sorry, I'm still learning German.

Phew! Liking it difficult? May I ask you where you're from? Anyway you should start putting more effort into the language thing if you really want to communicate with the natives over here in good old Germany because otherwise they, especially your fellow students then, will simply speak English with you what, I presume, isn't your true goal as you want to improve your German...

• Forum

Hat das Thema geschlossen.